Yves Rocher launched 15 liners in a collection called Botanical Color Eye Pencils. I had the chance to play with them and created the makeup swatch above so you can see just how highly pigmented they are! The liners apply soft and beautiful color with most liners have a slight shimmer. One thing to keep in mind, because the tips are quite soft they need to be sharpened often so make sure your sharpener is new or has a good blade. This will ensure a clean sharpen that won't break the tip of the liner. I noticed a few of mine broke off quite easily...my sharpener needs an update.
Get The Look!
Achieving a bold liner is pretty simple, it just takes a bit of patience. It doesn't have to be as dramatic as pictured above, it can be subtle, bold, cat-eye or super dramatic!
- With your eye liner, create a flick on the outer corner (as long as you want) using your lower lash line as your guide. Pretend as if your lash line continued on and use that as your flick placement guide.
- Once flick is in place, take the liner and follow along your upper lash line and stop at the inner corner of the eye.
- It doesn't have to be perfect at this stage, smooth out the line by applying more liner or by using a small brush to get rid of imperfections.
- Once you are happy with the size and length of your liner, make sure your lines are even and similar for both eyes. I find a great liner looks best with no makeup under neath the eye.
- Apply some mascara and your eye is complete!